This medicine is used to:
- Treat and prevent the formation of blood clots in your veins lungs.
- Treat or prevent clots in patients who have an irregular heart beat or had a heart valve replacement.
- Reduce the risk of death after a heart attack.
- Reduce the risk of stroke.
Do I Use Warfarin Sodium?
- Take this medicine by mouth.
- Use this medicine about the same time every day
- If you use this medicine only once each day and you forget a dose, use the dose as soon as you remember and then use the next day's dose at the regular time.
Possible Side Effects:
Tell your doctor about any side effects that happen to you
Rare/Severe Side Effects:
- Feeling sick to your stomach
- Cramps in your stomach
- Loose bowel movements
- Purple toes
- Sores on your skin
- Increased bleeding
- Trouble swallowing
- Trouble breathing
- Feeling lightheaded or fainting
- Dizziness when standing up
- Dizziness when sitting up
- Sustained painful erection
- Large or numerous bruises
- Do take this medicine exactly as your doctor tells you to.
- Do talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns about this medicine.
- Do tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have had an allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicine.
- Do tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are pregnant, thinking about becoming pregnant, or breast-feeding.
- Do be aware that you may need to have laboratory tests done while taking this medicine.
- Do keep this medicine in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
- Don't drink alcohol before or after taking this medicine.
- Don't use this medicine if you are pregnant, thinking about becoming pregnant, or breast-feeding.
- Don't use more than one dose at a time.
- Don't increase the amount of the dose unless directed by your doctor.
- Don't start taking any new medicine (including birth control pills) without first telling your doctor or pharmacist.
- Don't suddenly change the type of food you eat.
- Don't play sports or perform other activities that can cause injury or bleeding.
- Don't keep this medicine in the bathroom because of the heat and moisture.
- Unless otherwise specified by your physician, this medication should be taken at bedtime.
- Periodic blood test will be done by your physician to keep the clotting times in a therapeutic range.